Tuesday, April 29, 2008

scherenschnitte

I'm very proud of this first one, I have to say. Haha. It was an idea that came while eating lunch. I sketched it right then, and cut for about and hour and a half. I think it came out really good, for a complicated drawing.
This is actually Ina's. I drew the people, and she went on from there. She's pretty good, don't you think?
This was Ina's request. She had written a song called "Little Bird", and she wanted me to illustrate a line from the song. The drawing was all from her brain, except for the little kerchief-on-a-stick bag. I was quite bent on putting that in. Haha.

The colors are actually pretty bright and vivid, they just kinda got lost in translation from the paper to the scanner. :P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love love the second one!

that's one of my favorite quotes from Le'Engles Many Waters. :D

very pretty illustration.

Snippety Gibbet said...

I love 'em!!!

Elle said...

@kye: yes, i know! it's one of my favorite quotes too. credit goes to ina, she cut that. :)

she and i are hopeless romantics.

Elle said...

@snippety gibbet:
thank you!

i have your blog on my reading list, so it's cool of you to comment. :)

Snippety Gibbet said...

You read my blog? Very cool!

Your work reminds me of Rob Ryan. Very original work. jan

Elle said...

@snippety gibbet:
yes, i do :)

i like rob ryan a lot, but i try not to copy him.

thank you. :)